Sunday, February 11, 2007

What or Who You Know

Well, I'm sorry to say I misrepresented the case of Marie Phillips in my last post, and here's her comment which I've pulled up:
Hello! Strugglingauthor here. Just a quick correction. Dan Franklin was not in fact shown my novel by the Cape rep, he was shown it by me. The Cape rep did however tell me (or rather, my boss) that Dan was a good bloke who would probably read it if I sent it to him because he's one of the few remaining editors who do read unsolicited m/s's. A fact which I am now happy to tell people unconnected with bookselling for nothing. It's not always who you know, but it might be what you know.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Thank you - correction much appreciated x

Anonymous said...

Well, if Marie was misrepresented by anyone then its by those bastions of knowledge, The Bookseller.