The Bitch has been tagged, memed, and last week when it first happened she didn't even know what it meant.
Last week Debi Alper, who has a fabulously witty blog, tagged her thus: Five Things Feminism Has Done For Me. Well, this is what feminism has done for The Bitch:
1. To make her stick to her own agenda (fiction and publishing, not feminism!).
2. To make her set her own rules (five things be blowed).
Today Roger Morris zaps her: Eight Things About Me.
What???? Well, here goes:
1. Far from wanting to reveal eight things about herself, The Bitch would still be anonymous if Blogger hadn't undone her (for The Bitch's anonymity was in part an attempt to underline her view that in our present cultural climate words and ideas are subverted to image and personality).
2. Even on her writer's blog The Bitch tries to stick to professional matters, though she knows she's not successful, and anyway being professional means using images etc in just the way she critiques here.
3. The Bitch once ate for breakfast a literary agent who wanted to sell her fiction as autobiographical.
4. The Bitch once ate for tea an editor who ditto.
5. The Bitch keeps a bullwhip ready for when newspaper journalists come calling and ask to go to the loo and go through your cabinet.
6. Schooled from the age of five, The Bitch has never, ever allowed anyone to misquote her
7. or judge her work by her life.
8. The Bitch is a writer of fiction. (Geddit?)
And now I'm supposed to tag someone else. How about Ms Baroque, Fessing Author, Alias Lucy Diamond , nmj, and Bournemouth Runner at The Art of Fiction (and they can choose either meme or none at all..)